Organizing a group of Tuscaloosa County citizens that are dedicated to providing a volunteer service through the Sheriff’s Posse to the community to make Tuscaloosa County a safe environment that will enhance the quality of life for all residents. The Tuscaloosa County Sheriff’s Office believes civilian volunteers through the Sheriff’s Posse serve as a valuable resource in non-tactical emergency situations. If you wish to assist TCSO as a volunteer, you must first complete an application and pass a background record investigation check. After successful completion of below requirements your name will be entered and stored in the TCSO database consistent with background, desires and needs of Sheriff’s Office. You will work under supervision of a supervisor assigned to your area.
Tuscaloosa County Sheriff’s Office
Sheriff’s Posse - Volunteers on Patrol – Community Pride and Teamwork
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must live in Tuscaloosa County
- Must not have been convicted of a felony crime
- Must have a valid Alabama Driver’s license
- Must not be addicted to alcohol/drugs
- Must pass a background / criminal history check
- Must attend a scheduled annual meeting to train on agency function
- Have finger/palm printing
- Search for missing people (Use of 4 wheeler; on foot, on horseback)
- Conduct residential checks / neighborhood watch/Project Lifesaver
- Assist disabled persons
- Assist traffic/ parking
- Assist Mounted Unit
- Assist during disaster situations
- Assist with Clerical Help
If you are currently available to begin volunteering, please fill-in this brief form to join the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff’s Office Sheriff’s Posse.
Please allow up to a minimum of 10 next business days from the next business day the on-line form is submitted for processing.
You will be notified by mail or email upon acceptance.
Please call the Tuscaloosa Co. Sheriff's Office for any additional questions.