If you are renewing your permit, you can only renew in the office or by mail. YOU CAN NOT RENEW ONLINE.
There is a $20 per year, non-refundable fee, up to five (5) years.
Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30am until 5:00pm. We accept cash, checks, money orders and debit/credit cards (plus $2.50 convenience fee with the use of the cards.) WE DO NOT ACCEPT AMERICAN EXPRESS.
If you would like to mail in your renewal, please send your check or money order to T.C.S.O. 714 ½ Greensboro Avenue, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401.
Be sure to include your pistol permit number and any changes to your address and/or phone number.
If you are an out of County/State Student, you can obtain a pistol permit by doing one of the following:
- Obtain an Alabama Driver’s License with a Tuscaloosa address.
Register to vote or move your existing voter registration to Tuscaloosa.
Provide two bills (power, water, gas, lease, etc.) that have your name along with a Tuscaloosa address.
Pistol Permit for New Applicants
- You must be a resident of Tuscaloosa County, Alabama to apply.
- Review your information for accuracy.
- Once you've reviewed your form, you may either PRINT the form on your printer or EMAIL your form directly to our office.
- If you choose to PRINT your form, be sure to sign the form where noted. DO NOT MAIL PAYMENT.
- If you choose to EMAIL your form, please call our Business Office at 205-464-8842 thirty (30) days after submitting.
- If you need to print a BLANK form, use the button at the bottom of this page to do so.
- Fill out all of the following fields.