Maintains order and discipline among inmates held in the Tuscaloosa County Jail.
- Enforce rules and regulations; participate in booking, fingerprinting, photographing, and processing of new inmates
- Take counts of prisoners
- Maintains constant watch for and reports unusual conditions or disturbances; takes required action in emergencies to prevent escapes or suppress disorder
- Escort inmates from cell block to visiting room, recreational or other areas
- Monitor inmates' physical conditions; report illness or injury to superiors
- Operate electronic monitoring equipment, maintain records, operate two-way communications and performs related work as required
Or Call (205) 224-9280